Major tasks of this position include:
- The successful candidate will be part of the energy modelling team and is excepted to be trained and specialized in several modules of various energy system models developed and maintained by E3Modelling. He/she will be responsible for the maintenance and update of such modules as well as for the development of new tools, and will be expected to use them in order to derive quantitative scenario-based projections for different parts of the energy system.
- Support the E3Modelling energy modelling team in conducting its core research and consulting activity related to the assessment of energy and climate mitigation policies
- Data collection and related analysis for several energy related indicators (energy balances, energy infrastructure, GHG emissions etc.) from large-scale databases (e.g. Eurostat, IEA, UNFCCC and others).
- Policy evaluation including the analysis of model results, visualization and report generation
- Master’s degree or higher in Economics, Engineering, Mathematics and/or related scientific field
- 2-5 years of experience in data and quantitative analysis
- Experiences with at least of the following topics: European energy policy and economics, energy system analysis, Mathematical programming.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and manage time productively
- Proven proficiency in English (oral and written)
- Previous experience with energy systems analysis or modelling is considered a plus;
- Previous experience with GAMS programming language will be a plus;
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Work on state of the art, internationally recognized energy and economic models
- Work on international projects together with renowned international partners
- The opportunity to make meaningful contribution to the discussions on the themes of climate change and energy transition in the EU and beyond
- Personal career development