E3M is looking for a motivated modeller to join its energy system modelling team. The position is based in Athens (headquarters) or Berlin (new office). Strong interest in and knowledge of the EU and international energy and climate policy environment is a must.
The modeller will develop and run models that solve complex energy planning and policy assessment problems. Preparing data input, analyzing model outputs, and drafting policy analysis reports are among the key tasks of the job.
The modeller will be part of the PRIMES modelling team, involved in high-standing international consulting projects for clients including the European Commission, national governments, and large companies.
- Energy system modelling
- Energy economics
- Use of modelling software GAMS, python, R
- BSc and MSc (or PhD) in engineering, economics or applied mathematics or physics
- At least 2-3 years of experience in energy and climate policy analysis, economics, and quantitative methods
- Professional working proficiency in English
- Professional working proficiency in German is desirable
- Analytical acumen
- Problem-solving and proactive attitude
- Programming (desirable previous experience with GAMS/python/R)
- Professional use of MS Office
Conditions of Employment
- Competitive salary in line with qualifications
- Job location: Athens or Berlin
How to apply
Please send your CV to the attention of Liza Thanassi at firstname.lastname@example.org including in the subject line “Energy System Modeller”.
Deadline for Applications: December 10, 2021