Do you have solid technical skills and a strong interest in European and international energy and environmental policy, with a special focus on bioenergy?
We are looking for self-driven, motivated modellers to join our EU offices – Athens, Madrid, or Berlin – and work alongside our energy system modelling team on high-standing consulting projects for international organisations, national governments, and the private sector.
In this position you will perform quantitative research in order to support various activities of the energy system models PRIMES. More specifically, you will:
- Collect, structure, keep up-to-date and analyze large datasets with relevance for bioenergy.
- Operate, maintain, and further develop the PRIMES Biomass supply model.
- Perform quantitative research to support various activities of the energy system models PRIMES.
- Review and summarize scientific, technical and market reports into inputs necessary for quantitative assessments.
- Lead and/or contribute to technical and policy analysis reports and engage with different stakeholders.
- Hold a BSc and/or MSc or PhD degree in engineering, economics, applied mathematics or physics or other relevant disciplines.
- Have proven experience of research and/or work experience on energy systems analysis, operations research, mathematical programming and optimization modelling.
- Demonstrate the ability to use analytical and modelling tools, preferably GAMS or Python or R for data analysis and modelling.
- Demonstrate writing skills by having authored or co-authored academic articles, technical and/or policy reports in English.
- Demonstrate 2 years or more of research and/or professional experience on the topic of bioenergy in at least one of the following areas: biomass supply systems for bioenergy (including land use), biomass conversion technologies, end-uses of bioenergy.
- Have expertise in application of quantitative research methods on bioenergy supply (e.g., life cycle assessment, energy systems modelling, process/material flow analysis)
- Be aware of EU policies related with bioenergy (e.g., sustainability criteria in Renewable Energy Directive).
- Have an analytical and problem-solving mindset, collaborative attitude and be eager to learn.
- Be an excellent user of MS Office with particular emphasis on MS Excel and MS Word.
- Be proficient in English (verbal and written).
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place. We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core of our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Please view this job post and apply at: https://careers-ricardo.icims.com/jobs/1886/energy-analyst—bioenergy/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=790&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=0&jun1offset=60