Do you have solid technical skills and a strong interest in European and international energy policy, with a special focus on the transport sector?
Then take a look at this exciting opportunity!
We are looking for a self-driven, motivated energy analyst to join our PRIMES modelling team and work on high-standing consulting projects for international organizations, national governments and the private sector.
In this position you will perform quantitative research in order to support various activities of the energy system models PRIMES and PRIMES-TREMOVE. More specifically, you will:
- Collect, structure, keep up-to-date and analyze large datasets with relevance for energy, economy and transport
- Review and summarize scientific, technical and market reports into inputs necessary for quantitative assessments
- Learn and apply energy demand modelling of the transport sector
- Lead and/or contribute to technical and policy analysis reports, and engage with different stakeholders
The successful candidate must:
- Hold a BSc and/or MSc degree in engineering, applied mathematics or physics
- Have 2-4 years of research and/or work experience on energy analysis and related quantitative methods
- Demonstrate the ability to use analytical and modelling tools, preferably GAMS or Python for modelling and data analysis
- Demonstrate writing skills by having authored or co-authored academic articles, technical and/or policy reports in English
- Be an excellent user of MS Office with particular emphasis on MS Excel and MS Word
- Be proficient in oral and written communication in English
- Have an analytical and problem-solving mindset, collaborative attitude and be eager to learn
Conditions of Employment
- Competitive salary in line with qualifications
- The position is based in our headquarters in Athens
How to apply
Please send your CV to the attention of Michaela Lytou at: email@example.com including at the subject line “Energy analyst for the transport sector”.
Deadline for Applications:
Please note that interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.