We are looking for a Senior Expert to build and run models that solve complex planning and policy assessment problems lying in the intersection of transport, economy and energy. Model improvement and development, input data preparation and model output analysis are among the key tasks of the job.
The suitable candidate should have a good knowledge of energy- and environment-related policies and/or technologies that can drive transport decarbonization efforts. Moreover, they should be able to lead and contribute to technical and policy analysis reports, and engage with different clients and stakeholders.
The position is with the PRIMES modelling team, involved in high-standing international consulting projects for clients including the European Commission, national governments and large companies.
- Transport and energy economics
- Transport modelling in an energy systems context
- Use of the modelling software GAMS or Python for modelling and data analysis
- MSc (or PhD) in engineering, economics, applied mathematics or related field
- At least 3-5 years of experience in transport policy analysis, economics using relevant quantitative methods
- Demonstrated skills in model development, data analysis and analytical research in transport
- Proficiency in English
- Professional use of MS Office
- Analytical acumen
- Problem-solving, team playing, and proactive attitude
Conditions of Employment
- Competitive salary in line with qualifications
How to apply
Please send your CV to the attention of Michaela Lytou at: firstname.lastname@example.org including “Senior Expert – Transport” in the subject line.
Deadline for Applications: 10/11/2022